What’s the best way to keep your kids denim looking new? Here are our top five tips!
- Spot Clean – Who’s got time to do a whole load of laundry? We recommend using a wet cloth to remove small marks instead to stretch out the time between washes. Reducing washes is not only great for the environment but also makes sure the denim will hold true to your little one’s body shape and prevent colours from fading.
- Wash Inside Out – By turning your kids denim inside out, any zippers, buttons and snaps will be kept away from other garments in the same wash which can get caught and damaged. The very act of machine washing is also abrasive to fabrics due to the rubbing and turning, so turning jeans and other denim items inside out before washing also helps to minimise colour loss and excessive fading over time.
- Choose the right cycle – Unless your jeans are super dirty, it’s best to wash them in cold water on a gentle cycle. If you have to wash them in a dryer, it’s best to do so at a lower temperature.
- Don’t overload your washing machine – Being a parent is hard work – we get it! And while you may think it’s better for the environment to put more items in at once, it can actually be detrimental to your clothes. Make sure your denim can circulate and tumble freely so they are thoroughly cleaned and dried without emerging in a tangled knot of wear and tear
- Air Dry – Hanging denim up to dry naturally helps avoid lint and possible shrinkage. Plus of course, air drying is free and way better for the environment #winning ! BONUS TIP- Keep them turned inside out to dry to make sure the pockets dry all the way through too.
Shop Industrie Kids denim shorts here.
21st Sep 2017
If you weren’t already addicted to Huxbaby, you will be after seeing their latest collection, Spacel …11th Oct 2017
At the rate that kids grow, it’s tempting to be lured into fast fashion prices offered by large depa …10th Oct 2017
What’s the best way to keep your kids denim looking new? Here are our top five tips! Spot Cl …21st Sep 2017